This lecture is for demonstration purposes only and is copyright Sharon Robinson and the University of Wollongong. No reproduction or republication in any circumstances is allowed without express and signed permission.
|Click the link below to open the online lecture in a new window. On desktops you will require the Adobe Flash plugin to be installed in your browser.|
We have been using Articulate presenter to convert PowerPoint lectures to these online flash based courses for students in Biology at the University of Wollongong. They are well received by students for a number of reasons.
- Ability to view them online at any time.
- Easy to access as a revision tool before exams.
- Slides can easily be paused and repeated to enable students to learn at the pace that suits them best.
- Voice recording with the slides improves information transfer and learning outcomes.
- Creates a more personal interaction between teacher and student than slide handouts alone.
We are also uing Articulate Storyline to convert PowerPoint presentations although Presenter is generally fine for simple conversions to a web based format. Storyline is a more fully featured program and is better for creating multimedia presentations form scratch with various forms of branching and interactivity. It also includes robust tools for creating various types of interactive quiz and question pages that can be scored on the fly and also transferred to SCORM compliant database systems such as Moodle.
See these products at the Articulate Website